Saturday, March 31, 2012

Delightful peaches and cream

One of my favourite cupcake shops in London is The Hummingbird Bakery. One of my BFFs, Ange, gave me the cookbook one Christmas while I was living over there. It wasn't until I got back to Melbourne where I have my own kitchen that I finally tested my baking skills. This sunny autumn day I decided to make Peaches and Cream cupcakes.

Recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Photos by Stacey Hills

The end product is to die for. A rich creamy vanilla icing with a sprinkle of brown sugar, a light fluffy vanilla cake, and at the bottom, a little surprise flavour bomb of preserved peaches! Sensational. Now I am going to put it out there. This could actually in fact be the best cupcake I have ever eaten. I know this is a big call, but I am standing by my statement. Up until today, it was the Passionfruit ones from the David Jones food court. These mysterious treasures only ever seem to pop up every now and then. I love them because of the passionfruit curd centre. But these... well these peaches and cream delights, take cupcakes to a whole new level!

Photos by Stacey Hills


1 comment:

  1. Can you send me one?! I gave you the cookbook so I could reap the rewards, why oh why did you only start when you got to Melbs, damn you! They look A-Mazing. Dans la maison. Hehe. xx

    ReplyDelete